Sunday, January 28, 2007

Introduction

I've finally decided to start blogging and am very excited about it!

The posts on this blog will either be about work (i.e., data management ideas) or my family. No politics (you probably don't want to hear it anyway), but possibly a passing comment on coffee or other exciting events.

In way of background, until recently I've been a professor at the University of Washington. I moved to Google in September 2005 and lead a group looks at how structured data can be used in Web search. As I publish papers about this work, I'll summarize them here. For all my publications prior to coming to Google you can check out my UW web site.

One of the goals of this blog is to get people in the data management community to share novel ideas and discuss them. While technical results are well served by pubished papers, Web 2.0 gives us the opportunity to discuss ideas outside our conferences quite easily.

No comments: