Sunday, May 27, 2007

Me and Web 2.0

My Web 2.0 credentials are really shooting through the roof as of late.

As of yesterday, I uploaded my first video to YouTube. The video shows my daughter (6 y/o) dancing nicely, with my son (18 months) "accompanying" her. As you can see, my son has already attained my level of dancing ability (my daughter passed me a long time ago).

I decided to try out Google MyMaps for fun. I created a map of my life and travels (and had fun doing so). Take a look -- (with the subtle implied hint that I'm happy to be invited to places not yet marked on the map).

Finally, together with Sihem Amer-Yahia from Yahoo!, I'm organizing a panel at VLDB 2007 (Vienna, September) on "Web 2.0 and data management". We have an exciting lineup of panelists that includes Anant Jhingran from IBM (who also blogs furiously), Gerhard Weikum (Max Planck Institute in Germany), Donald Kossmann (ETH Zurich) and AnHai Doan (U. of Wisconsin, Madison). I'm sure I'll be saying more about this panel on this blog, so stay tuned.

No comments: